2016 Beer Log - April

It's another month and I need to stay on top of this because I'm not using Untappd as much as I should to keep track of my beer consumption. I know, I live such a hard life, don't I? If you're just jumping onto this blog, this year I have had to separate my beer logs by month as quarterly was getting a bit out of control.

These logs originated to help me keep track of beers I have tried to find out what I do and do not like. However craft beer and all categories of beverages are going into really unique directions and its interesting to see it evolve, to taste what all the fuss is about or to taste something that no one hasn't really tried yet. I think it's really cool and I want to share it with everyone. Once I have a moment to read a bit more (perhaps I should stop blogging....nah!), I will get to Ashley Routson's book on beer. DW will be doing an event with her on Friday, May 13th. You heard it here first!

So here is April's...

It started out with North Coast Brewing Company's Pranqster belgian ale and it was tasty. John brought it around to our table when family and I had brunch one weekend. My father enjoyed it. See HERE my nephew and HERE of John and I wearing the fun hats from North Coast Brewing. Swag!


Saison

Had a wonderful meeting with some ladies from the SF Symphony and I invited them to join me for a beer on National Beer Day. I asked John to get them something as he's are 'beer guy' (and more). They described what they typically like and John brought them both something they enjoyed, along with a minute or two of him 'geeking' out on beer and explaining why the beer tasted the way they do. He is such a wonderful part of what DW is doing.


And here again paired with a sample of one course of the Drake's pairing dinner that we will be having on April 24th. Join us HERE!



Stone Brewing Co.
This was a stout that John was almost out of and he wanted to replace it so we ran a $6 special. I forget which one it was though! Doh!


With Ms. Erika.

Anderson Valley Brewing Company
Briney Melon Gose

There's a lot of gose in my life nowadays. This was absolutely delicious and it paired well with DW's Crispy Pig Ears for Happy Hour. Beware, they are addicting. I actually have been to the brewery and bought Kristian a beer glass from there. This was many years ago while on way back from Mendocino. When John said this was from Anderson Valley, I immediately thought of Boonville, CA. I don't know if there are any other breweries in that town but I'm sure I will eventually find out.


Fieldwork Brewing Company
Petit Verdot Grand Gose

Had this at brunch after I asked John to surprise me. He didn't know that I had it before at Fieldwork when I met up with 'Best Friend' while on my way back from Bodega Bay. It's good but I probably wouldn't try it again. Tara said they had a limited release of a watermelon gose but couldn't take any with her for us to try. She was a happy camper all day after that visit.

Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits
Sculpin IPA

My best friend is going thru a challenging but important training now and has become such a lightweight. But damn she looks good. She had this bottle and asked me, "Do you want to share it with me?"

"Sure," I said.

"Me too!" says my 2-year-old baby niece, Arya. Her cousin who lives in the same house brought a cup over to my glass inquisitively. "Sorry, Love, you both will have to wait a few years."

She enjoyed it. I couldn't finish it. It was a long day that started off with Drappier and beer, then more beer.

More to come...

-----
This is #26 of 30 daily blog posts as recommended by a fellow blogger. Color U Bold says her views have tripled over a month due to posting everyday as step 1.  I am attempting to create more content. Thanks for following this journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May