Let's Hike - January 2017

I enjoy hiking, getting out to see the world and taking my workout outside, which I rarely do. I started this a few years ago and failed miserably last year. This year, I will pick it back up.

JANUARY
Curry Point at Mt. Diablo
Danville, California

A fun day out with Dylan, Nelson, Erika, her almost 5-year-old son, Brody, and Sandra. We met at Curry Point and it was at first windy but it was a beautiful day for a hike. The map provided on the brochure did not provide lengths of trails so the trail I initially planned for us must've been about 8 miles round trip. We ended up turning around soon after Balancing Rock and went to Southern Sweetwater Tavern for food and beer.






Warrior fans and buddies

Reppin' Firestone Walker at Balancing Rock




I had the flight of beer of Knee Deep Simtra III, Berryessa Brewing's Whippersnapper Em, Altamont Beer Works's Shot Away IPA and Big Sky Brewing's Moose Drool BA. Knee Deep was by far the best one. I also had the TriTip Sandwich with a small salad. The rest of the food ordered by friends were just OK. I picked this BBQ spot because Nelson BBQs. Oh boy, watch out for his Yelp review!





Next: February will be in Briones Park and drinks at The Hop Grenade.

See other posts:
GirlVentures Hike - 2016
Let's Hike - 2015
Nu'alolo Trail - 2013
Climbing Mt. Diablo - 2011

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May