Day 2 - Pre-Isagenix 9-Day Cleanse

6:30 am
Good morning. I am on 4 hours of sleep and will be headed to the Martinez Marina for the Support4Recovery Walk where I will be having a Stella & Dot sample sale. I am exhausted and am nervous about how many times I will have to use the restroom from drinking all this water. I can't really leave my table unattended and have asked friends if they can help out but they declined. Maybe I'll meet a nice vendor next to me and will keep an eye out for me on my table. But we will see!

Two glasses of water, 1 shake and an Accelerator is down the hatch. To avoid too many potty breaks I am going to drink water throughout this 6-hour event but not as much and make up for it when it's all done with. Hope that helps and hope the results will still be awesome. 

Martinez bound just before sunrise.

12:51 pm
It is in the 90s here and I am at this event for two more hours. This event had a great turnout. I have made some sales, handed out a lot of marketing materials, met a young potential Stylist who thought I was 20 (God, bless her,) and one other potential Stylist that is a mother of four young children and is going thru a separation (Boy, can I relate!), and have new additions to my mailing list. So far, so good!

I had my 6 almonds at 10 am but held out on drinking much water so I wouldn't have to use the restroom and it's been working out. Lunch was delivered to my booth at noon. It was Kinder's ball tip, a small serving of beans, potato salad and a bread roll. I ate the meat, salad and the roll. It probably totaled over the 600 calorie limit for lunch but I checked up on the estimated calorie count for the meal on MyFitnessPal and it wasn't too bad. 

I am definitely hitting a wall now since I didn't get much sleep last night. After this, I have to go back to my office and pick up the Packers v. Niners tickets for tomorrow (woohoo! Boss gave them to me last minute,) then I have a meeting with a potential bride in Hayward. Tonight, I don't plan on doing a darn thing. Ugh, no that's not true. I have a couple personal things to take care of but they're important. 

Next snack in two hours and 40 minutes.

2:14 am
Great event yesterday in the heat. I hope to do it next year as well. Stay tuned for info on future events. 

I made it to my office building, got the tickets for the first Niners game, had to do a little troubleshooting for the Boss Man since he was there, stopped off at Sports Authority for a new Niners shirt, and headed to my meeting. Sipping on water and no chugging. Major water intake happened later that night. I was early for my meeting so I played on my phone. I have a love/hate relationship with the internet. It's amazing how it can provide so much information as to when someone is online or where they are. God knows I'm no stranger to check-ins and Tweeting about my whereabouts. But discovering something hurtful again just before my friend and potential bride arrived turned my stomach inside out. Now was not the time to let my emotions take over me. I have business to attend to.
It was good to see my friend and meet her sister who will be getting married next year. We chit chatted a bit but discovered that I was going to be out of town for another wedding that weekend. As much as I would love to work on this wedding, I know I wouldn't be able to give my Bride the attention she needs if I came back to the Bay Area just in the nick of time for the wedding. Regardless, I gave them insight on what a Coordinator is expected to do, how I work, what to look for and things to consider. The Bride would definitely be a bride that I would want to work with. That's the beauty of being an independent contractor and working for yourself:  you can pick and choose what jobs to work. She was very organized, creative, easy to talk to and seemed to be receptive of my sometimes blunt honesty. I offered to help out with referring the wonderful wedding vendors I have worked with and provide a draft timeline. I do pride myself on nailing down the timeline to the minute and with all parties, vendors and staff involved. It was a good meeting and I felt I was helpful. They both expressed how disappointed they were that I was unavailable. It feels good to be wanted. 

We split ways and I had to release some bottled up emotions that I have been fighting to express to another person. When I do talk about this situation with my closest friends that genuinely care, I downplay just how much it's effecting me inside. I declare I hear and vividly see the signs as if I am an outsider to their problems but yet I can't entirely do what I know is good for me. "I know, I know" is a common response when someone is trying to help. And sometimes all someone wants when they are hurting is to be heard. I am a really strong person because I have dealt with so much pain at the hands of other people and yet I'm still here. They didn't break me. I got back up. And it just made me stronger. Maybe not wiser the first or second time around because I have hope that people can and have the desire to change for the better, but I know my limits. And when I'm done, I am done...for the most part. Battle scars can fade or sometimes they're re-opened by that ounce of hope I have a tenacious grip on. But I have to let go for now. What is meant to be will be.

Then there are these rare moments when I break down. It's inevitable that the bottle had to burst at some point. I could make a joke that it was because I was hungry and thirsty but I wasn't. So I find myself sitting in the parking lot, on the phone with my P-I-C, letting it all out. Just a few minutes into it, I realize how I'm feeling: weak. And I cannot stand that. I hate feeling that way with a passion. So then I let myself have til the end of the night to feel sad, angry, upset or disappointed, then go to sleep and wake up to a new way of thinking and an action plan to begin. Life goes on.

Posted for me by my P-I-C.

I get home, do some productive things, turn on the Texas v BYU game, plop myself down on the floor in front of my new TV and play with my pup while chugging my shake and catching up on my water intake for the day. Emotions were definitely expressed during this game. Dear God, Texas! What is going on!?! I'm screaming at the television and just like when I watch boxing, Bevo thinks I'm yelling at him and his ears go back and he heavily leans up against me or puts his paw on me. With 8 minutes left in this upset of a game, I'm done with my water and head to get ready for bed as the clock winds down at BYU. Texas lost.

I crawled into bed, said goodbye and quickly fell asleep just past 9pm. What a tiring day.

"Tomorrow is another day." - Scarlett O'Hara of Gone With the Wind. My favorite heroine.

Today, I have my first cleanse day and am kind of nervous. No booze, hot dogs or garlic fries at the first Niners game of the season. Oh boy. Wish me luck!

Notice the nails? Go Niners!


Popular posts from this blog

It's Gonna Be May

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet