Orlando Bound for Lolo - Week 1

So, I'm committed. I signed up for my first half marathon (Team in Training - Orlando Bound for Lolo). I will create monthly posts to outline my progress, my workouts and struggles.  So here it goes!


SUNDAY - I signed up. Did my research. Ask my friend and TNT alumni how it worked and recruited my friend do consider doing it with me. Success! I had already packed my gym bag and brought it work thinking I would repeat and actually succeed in running eight miles back and forth from the Argonaut Hotel to the Golden Gate Bridge and back. I did not. I forgot I had dinner plans with my Bride and she was running late, so I got at least 4 miles in.

It was a windy day and I was not looking forward to running against the wind again. Plus I was still sore from the workouts from the weekend. But I now had to do it! I have been telling coworkers that I signed up so I am making sure I don't disappoint. Though sore and not a great time, I surpassed my revised goal of doing a 5K with pains in my shins and did four miles. So there you go! I was happy for the wind now as it helped cool me down, but not after a dinner at the bar at Scoma's.


Just realized the last time I ran, I also wear this Los Lonely Boys shirt. Zipper up by Puma. Earrings by Stella & Dot.
Grilled salmon and fennel.
Steps: 15,676
Miles: 7.8
Calories Burned: 2,098
Minutes of Activity: 81

MONDAY - Meatless Monday, that is. I didn't have a chance to work out but I did my usual walk to and from work from the Embarcadero Bart station. I had a surprise guest show up at work and I decided to accept their invitation to dinner in Chinatown (Great Eastern Restaurant). I usually meet up with my Instafriend and avoid the commuters going home. I invited her to my friend's bar, Bar 587, but she didn't get back to me in time. It was a successful Meatless Monday. I really wanted that chicken on the Hong Kong style noodles and order the Shrimp Sandwich from The Blue Mermaid. But I kept myself under control.

Kale and romaine caesar salad
What a lovely surprise from Cincinnati, Ohio.  They came to the Argonaut Hotel to say hello!
Iced latte from Caffe Trieste as I was too early for dinner.
Duck, duck, chicken.


Steps: 12,723
Miles: 5.23
Calories Burned: 1,853
Minutes of Activity: 59

TUESDAY - Worked out at home, had one of the best salads I've had in a long while at The Bear & Monarch at the new Loews Hotel, had a meeting and walked to work from downtown San Francisco. For dinner, I carbed up at Cioppino's for dinner and bought some socks from the sock store at Fisherman's Wharf to go with my TNT cause. I bought ones that were purple with pineapples because I love Hawaii and work in hospitality and Minnie Mouse ones. Then I walked to Bart. That night I also received some cool leggings and a sweet note from my cousin in Minnesota. Check out the bees!






Steps: 14,437
Miles: 6.28
Calories Burned: 1,933
Minutes of Activity: 78

WEDNESDAY - Rocked my new socks, wore another Los Lonely Boys top and my Celebrity Cruises zipper up for my run. I ran 5 miles before work. One more mile than I did on Sunday. I had a salmon and warm brussels sprout salad at the new Toy Soldier restaurant with a friend. Then made my walk to work.






Steps: 23,077
Miles: 11.17
Calories Burned: 2,364
Minutes of Activity: 138

THURSDAY - Worked out at home and took it kind of easy but had my steps in with my walk to work.



Steps: 11,005
Miles: 4.98
Calories Burned: 1,871
Minutes of Activity: 41

FRIDAY - My day off. Worked out at home and had planned a spa day at Silverado Resort and Spa with my first Lomi Lomi massage. It was fantastic and I highly recommend it. This was definitely a cheat day with five or six bottles of wine.


Steps: 6,013
Miles: 2.39
Calories Burned: 1,738
Minutes of Activity: 8

SATURDAY - A long day going to San Francisco, Yosemite, back to San Francisco and home and having to work at 8 AM the next day. It was beautiful out there and we got in maybe almost a 2-mile hike. The amount of free time definitely wasn't enough.


Steps: 13,432
Miles: 5.36
Calories Burned: 1,953
Minutes of Activity: 63

SUNDAY - Exhausted, had a hard time getting to work because of Bay to Breakers, had to work a full 8-hour shift but I managed to get 6 miles in with a 10.5-minute mile being my best.


Steps: 19,562
Miles: 10.14
Calories Burned: 2,280
Minutes of Activity: 88


More to come! Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May