Chances Are... 2017

It's that time again. I want that vacation home! Safeway's Monopoly game is on and I know of more friends playing along as well. Nelson is playing too! You know, that guy that threw a bunch of them away last year! GAH! (Chances are...) After learning that I play, he used to give me all of his game tickets. Not anymore. Will, my roommate, is my main contributor. I look over to where my game board is and more and more tickets appear. I asked him what he would do with his share of the $1 million.

"Pay bills."

And he's not alone.  I would like to say that I am not coming into work. I do love my job but I probably wouldn't work as hard as I do. I would buy myself my Hawaii home and start my new life.


I am missing just a few pieces from each prize but aren't we all!


So far quite a few winners have been announced via their app which is a major improvement. When I first started playing a few weeks ago, the biggest prize that was won was a 1 in 50 $20,000 college tuition prize and that person was from San Jose, CA. Someone from Concord, CA won $5,000 cash, Congrats! The biggest prize won so far is a $40,000 home makeover. I want to win!

Besides the app providing a list of winners, you can now scan the bar codes on the pieces to see if you have won smaller prizes such as additional tickets. This year, they also have a progressive jackpot. When bar codes are scanned, losing scans increases a jackpot that began at $1,000. One person has won $7,000 with the jackpot. The jackpot caps at $250,000.

Wish me luck! And if you aren't playing, please collect the game pieces and I will take them from you. And of course, reward you with sharing the winnings. *Sharing terms are mine. :)

In other news, Monopoly is getting rid of game pieces like the thimble, wheelbarrow and boot are getting, well, the boot.(Monolopy Booted the Thimble, Purists are Sew Mad - Wall Street Journal). Apparently, four million people voted online for the change. New pieces will be a T-Rex, a rubber ducky and a penguin. I cannot wit until Nate grows up to play Monopoly with me. He loves dinosaurs and I love penguins. I am not mad at this change.I think I'll schedule a game night.

I'm also game at entering contests online. As mentioned in last year's post, I have won a lot. Lately I have been entering many contests that are travel focused. I would love to see the world, drink and taste absolutely everything and create more content for this blog.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Gonna Be May

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet