(Mini)Golf Addict



With my experience at the driving range and meeting Tiger Woods via the Madame Tussads. I am no Michelle Wie, nor a Hawaii native (sadly). But I'm not bad on the greens. The mini golf greens, that is...against a 12-year-old. On our recent trip out to the South with my nephew, I think I got him hooked on a sport! 

Thank goodness!

His parents aren't into sports but Auntie is! I remember teaching him to throw a ball when I would babysit him as a kid and it never stuck at home. He preferred video games and helping their machining business. Do you, Kid, but I can't help but be happy that he's into a sport now. 

After an amazing meal at the Michelin star Sea Captain'sHouse in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, we walked over to Captain Hook MiniGolf. It was a Captain kind of evening. They were open late and it was warm out so we enjoyed the evening.


The course had a waterfall, skeletons, boats to climb, a cave and even surprise bursts of water from the lake. We had a really great time and we are really competitive. Sometimes I think this kid could be mine!





When we returned to North Carolina, the fun thing he wanted to do after Auntie wanted to go to Whiskey Kitchen in Downtown Raleigh and more, he wanted to go mini golfing! YES! We looked one up and it was at a driving range and quite dinky. No caves, no waterfall, no skeletons. We ended up just going back to the house.

However, after exploring Duke University in Durham, he voiced that he wanted to go mini golfing again. So we went to Frankie's Fun Park. It was like a Scandia we went to as a kid. Frankie's had of course, a miniature golf with three different courses, an arcade, obstacle course, batting cages, a restaurant and a bar. Auntie liked that!





It was a very hot day and I could feel the warmth on my skin and me getting a little whiny. We enjoyed our time on the course and went thru two sets of holes. Brent would probably be down for a third but I wasn't having it. My sister killed it with multiple hole-in-ones but I won the first game. That was before the heat effected my game. I rewarded myself with a beer flight from Carolina Ale House and a dozen delicious chicken wings. More on that in a much needed posts just on the friend chicken in the south. So good.



Now back in California, it was nice to see that my nephew still wanted to play mini golf. My sister sent me a photo of them in Wilmington, North Carolina on the greens. I hope he sticks with it and wants to get better.

What were your aspirations as a kid? I wanted to be a ballerina. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May