It Took 'An Act of God'

We opened DW nine months ago and this was the first time my business partner and I went to go do something together. Thanks to our partnership with SHN, I have an opportunity for complimentary tickets for the opening night of new shows. So far I have seen If/Then with Idina Menzel, The Jersey Boys and The Illusionists. Last night, we saw An Act of God with Sean Hayes from  Will & Grace. It was hilarious and my first time to Golden Gate Theatre, which is located three blocks from DW.

When I quit my day job at a law firm, I knew I wasn't going to have much of a life six months after we opened up my 6200 square foot baby. I was right. Krisitian and I have definitely drank at the restaurant into the late hours of the evening but we never really left the restaurant. I really do LIVE there at DW.

It was nice to go out and spend some time together. I think we are both at a place where we are less stressed and didn't feel guilty about leaving the restaurant. I think we deserved 90 minutes to laugh about the creation of life and the universe in 6 days, plus 10 revised commandments. There was name calling, politics and asshole comments but I was cracking up. This was definitely not a show I'd take my very religious Lola to.

We enjoyed ourselves, thanks Sean Hayes and SHN! Theatre goers - if yore see any of the shows at The Orpheum or The Golden Gate Theatre, bring us your ticket stub for a special Encore Cocktail for $8. Plus we have late night food u til 12:30 am.





Update: 
Sean Hayes liked my tweet about the show and highlighting this blog post!



-----
This is #9 of 30 daily blog posts as recommended by a fellow blogger. Color U Bold says her views have tripled over a month due to posting everyday as step 1.  I am attempting to create more content. Thanks for following this journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Gonna Be May

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet