Wedding Planning Update

It just happens to be my last bride's wedding anniversary this past week! Happy Anniversary, Fatima & Tim! It took place at the beautiful Holman Ranch in Carmel Valley, California.

I have been quite consumed opening and trying to keep a new business adventure, Dirty Water, keep afloat. A few responsibilities have shifted and I have goals that I am kicking into high gear: #goalby40. I am looking to gain more experience and saving money for that 2 bedroom 2 bath condo on the beach in Maui. I am determined to make that happen.

What would you do on that island? 

I am an Event Planner and am doing well with my Stella & Dot business. I am planning a wedding for September 2017 and June 2018. I have also an On Call Banquet Server at the Hyatt Regency in Burlingame, California to gain event experience from a hotel perspective. Maui is a common wedding destination. I'd fit right in, don't you think? I will also be going back to Maui in October for the Hawaii Food & Wine Festival. I love researching venue, food and this gorgeous island.

As for the two weddings on my hand, here is what's happening:

September 2017 Wedding
I was recommended to the Bride by my former colleague, friend and my future Paris travel partner post wedding. I had an initial meeting with her at a local Philz, recapped our meeting by updating an Excel workbook of tasks that need to be completed and a timeline. My Bride and busy executive was consumed as a female Partner at a firm. (GO women in business!) I didn't put too much pressure on her but with being three weeks out, work needs to get done. Majority of invitations are out, existing contracts have been reviewed, a site visit was done, rehearsal dinner venues have had site visits and inquiries sent, bridesmaid dresses options have been researched, etc. There is so much to do!


June 2018 Wedding
"I immediately thought of you!" How sweet it was to hear that I am trusted with such an event. Of course I said 'yes!' My Bride is in Southern California but would like to have a 120-person affair in Northern California. We scheduled a phone call to discuss her wants, do not wants, ideal budget and next steps. A proposed budget and how it should be spent was prepared with a recommended budget, how to cut costs, etc. As the Bride has not narrowed down a city or area of Northern California, there are so many options! I have a few in mind but have also visited venues in Sonoma County. Photos to come soon!


Today happens to be their four-year anniversary. Lots of love in June.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May