Blogging Goals - July 2016

Oh dear, I fell short in June. Well, it's a new month and it's time to redeem myself. How could I have gone from a great May to a mediocre June? Not focusing, that's how.

I have been reading other blogs and am continually inspired by other bloggers that have a ridiculous amount of hits. I still get quite a few hits from my posts about The Bad Girls Club. Perhaps I should focus on the entertainment business but that's not my focus. I'm not into celebrity gossip, I don't watch a lot of television and I really don't give a hoot about the Kardashians. However, I do like that Khloe is now Miss Fit. Good for her! She has a book out but I would most likely never read it. I find Jessica Herrin much more inspiring. She has a new book out called Find Your Extraordinary. She and Blythe Harris founded Stella & Dot, a company you all should know I'm tied to. Perhaps that's a goal of mine for July - to read more.

I used to take a 20-minute break to read everyday. Lately it's been hard to get away at work. I should commit to doing that. I have been holding onto Whisk(e)y Distilled for a long time now. I still have John's copy of The Beer Wench's beer book too. I have a nightstand full of magazines I have received for free that I need to make a dent in.

So it's settled then, July's goal is read 20-minutes a day and a 20-minute free write on this blog on something I read about.



I would also like to get my blog stats up. It was doing well! I will change my featured post on a weekly basis and get more involved with other bloggers. I would like to send a shout-out to Section-36 for the major support! If you love baseball and the Boston Red Sox, check it out. The post on Dirty Water was great! In fact, I'm wearing the blog tank top right now! 

Here's to July!

What are blog goals for July?

****UPDATE****
7/13/16 - A small dent from my nightstand pile: read Glamour's February 2016 issue with Jennifer Lawrence, Women's Health magazine's July 2016 issue with Jenna Dewan-Tatum on the cover. Currently on Glamour's March 2016's issue with Gwyneth Paltrow.

Maui's Wedding issue for 2015 that my friend, Martha, sends me. 

7/29/16 - Many articles read via Twitter.
Plus Women's Health magazine with Cameron Diaz on the cover (April 2016).

Comments

  1. Reading is a great goal! I need to do more of it myself. I also need to get back into blogging more regularly. I too had a big April, but have slacked off since. I think the best thing for me is to just wait for you to make goals, and I'll just do them too. You have such great ones.

    Thanks for the shoutout! You're always amazing about the support. Plus, it's always nice to know when someone is wearing the blog tank top!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May