It's Time to Support Breast Cancer Awareness

October is upon us and it is Breast Cancer Awareness month. This is a very important month to my family and I because we continue to honor our sweet, smart, beautiful cousin, Natalie Nobida, who was taken from this world too soon. We miss you, Coz. Our beautiful aunt, Virginia S., is thankfully in remission. And I also would like to honor Maureen Withrow, a strong woman, a single mother and quite the spitfire. Your son has grown up to be a loving husband and father and basketball coach. Congratulations.

I have done the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk every year since 2000. This year, I will be doing the walk in Stockton, CA.  Please join me if you can. Sponsor me! http://main.acsevents.org/goto/Bernadette 

It is so important to first off, live healthy lives. There are so many studies that link just about anything to cancer such as talking on your cell phone, leaving the dry cleaners plastic on your clothes for too long or even enjoying a day at the beach. The least you can do to protect yourself is to take care of yourself. That is the only thing you can control. No one else is going to do it for you. Eat healthy, stay active, don't smoke, get educated, get tested and just make good decisions. I lost my beloved grandfather this past February. He had leukemia, a cancer of the blood, for 30 years. And a humorous CHP Officer, Sam, wasn't as lucky with the same kind of cancer and was taken within weeks.

CANCER SUCKS!

It is all around us and it needs to stop affecting good people that we love and cherish. If I take a couple hours out of my Sunday to walk to gain awareness and raise money to fund prevention and educational programs or to help the needy get treatments, I will. And I have been doing this walk before I even personally knew anyone that was effected. Please spread the word.

I am so happy to be a Stella & Dot Lead Stylist because this wonderful company has created and selected a few of our beautiful pieces to help fundraise for the the Noreen Fraser Foundation. One hundred percent (100%) of the net proceeds for the sale of each of the below items in the month of October will go to NFF. Last year, Stella & Dot Stylists raised over $180,000 for breast cancer! I think we'll beat that this year with your help.


I have a personal goal of selling 10 pieces. If I reach my goal, I will personally donate $100 to the fight against breast cancer! Shop now at http://www.stelladot.com/Bernadette

Total NFF Pieces Sold: 0

Not interested in jewelry but would like to donate, contact me to send me a check made payable to Making Strides.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this post. If you cannot donate your time or spare a dollar or two, please just take care of yourself and positively influence those around you. Also see the list below of companies and offers doing their part.


Cousins immediately after Natalie's funeral - Vallejo, CA
If you have a loved one you'd like to mention here that has been affected by breast cancer, please comment below with their name. Encourage them to keep the faith and let's continue to remember those we've lost.

Below are a list of other ways you can fight breast cancer this month:

Backbone Wear - Giving $3 of every sale to Breast Cancer Awareness. find them on Instagram at @backbonewear or 510.755.3428 or backbonewear@gmail.com

bareMinerals - For every Moxie lip gloss that is sold, it will fund The Keep a Breast Foundation.

Coach - 20% of selected pink products will go to Breast Cancer Research.

Gold Canyon - 10% of each Breast Cancer Tribute Candle sold goes to Breast Cancer Research Fund. Shop with my friend, Olivia. She'll take good care of you.

Mary Kay - Christina Vela is donating 30% of her profits to the Mary Kay Foundation that gives to cancer research. ALSO, she is doing another Susan G. Koman 3-Day Walk in Seattle. That's 60 miles! Go to the site and look up her name to donate! Way to go, Christina!

Panera - At participating Easy Bay locations, get the Pink Ribbon bagel and they'll donate $.10 for each one sold.

Hungry Howie's
- Every purchase of a pizza, they'll make a donation to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.

National Notary Association - Notaries who purchase a breast cancer notary journal, $5 will go to the Linda Bazar Breast Cancer Research Fund

Ticketmaster - $.10 for every resale ticket sold on NFL Ticket Exchange thru October 31, 2013 will go to the American Cancer Society.


The Walking Company - Has exclusive Pink Ribbon Collection benefiting 100s of organizations. I personally have the Abeo 3660 that is now on sale.

More to come...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May