Happy Birthday, Papa Bear!

A special blog post to my Papa Bear on his birthday! I surprised him by showing up at his door with a bouquet of balloons and a six-pack of Maui Brewing Bikini Blonde beer. He said he was happy to see me and my stepmom said thank you for surprising him because he was happy.

I arrived Friday late morning, have visited a few of their favorite local spots for pupus, beer and happy hour and roamed around Lahaina. We shopped, went to the beach, swam in the warm water, watched our 49ers together like we used to and chit chatted about everything. Including how he was raised in poor neighborhoods in the Philippines and how he has come so far. What an inspiration. As it's a tradition, we will be going to Longhi's for his birthday dinner.

2014 at Longhi's
I enjoy our time together since he has moved here. He does come to the mainland often but he has his things to do like I do. We try to see each other often. The last time I visited them at their house in the East Bay, I fell asleep. Owning your own business is a lot of work!

I leave tomorrow morning and will immediately be getting to work for a private party. I am glad I came out to surprise my Papa Bear. It was so worth it.

Happy Hour at Merriman's in Kapalua

Balloons from Kahului Florist Inc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May