G Square Gets a Brewery

I have an art piece on my wall at the bar area at home that says "All I do is wine." Lately, that is the case and as a new wine club member at Clif Family Vineyards in Saint Helena, California. I do enjoy a good beer sometimes. After I hike (Let's Hike 2015), I crave it! It's great that the San Francisco Brewing Company just opened up at the Ghiradelli Square near where I work as a Concierge.

This spot will change Ghiradelli Square for the better. No doubt about it. Besides offerings of a cute boutique store for dogs, sugar at Ghiradelli, wine tasting, BBQ at The Pub and great views at McCormick &Kuleto's, GSquare now has a very casual spot with local beer, a ton of TVs and beer garden with corn hole.

I have been twice in the past weekend specifically for the Warriors games. The bar is located in the middle, there are seats and wooden booths along the perimeter and narrow high tops to hitch yourself with a beer when standing room is needed. The staff is friendly (Shout out to Abby!) and the beers are tasty. I especially like the Session IPA. They have a self-serve wall for beer. Get a card from the hostess, tie in a credit card and use the card to buy and pour your own beers. Then cash out at the end of the night. 







Unfortunately, where they can improve is the food. I have had their onion rings which are more shoe-string like, the deviled eggs topped with trout which are pretty good, spicy shishito peppers, a good cesar salad and the bread pudding. They're not the kind of plates that I would come back for specifically, but it is a brewery so the beer is pretty good. So I guess, stick with what you're good at. I would like to try their pizza, burger and sandwiches. I'm sure I will be back. With friends!



Cheers!


Related posts:
Beer Was the Reason
My First Beer Log

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May