P90X Progress

I am loving P90X. I don’t want to pay for a gym membership anymore. I can do it in my own home. I’m not self-conscious while doing/attempting moves, although blinds are closed during this session. I don’t have to drive home in order to have my ProXtreme shake.




I am not following the program exactly but am keeping up with the CDs. I missed one day of working out as I had family coming over for dinner and I don’t have a pull up bar so I’m missing out on those. I do have bands but I broke one two times last night when I was using it on my staircase railing. I’m trying! My friend, Laura, is a fitness model and gave me some recommendations on where to find one for cheap. My dad has the perfect pull-up bar and he could do a couple. I tried using a friends while we were in New Mexico last year and I unfortunately proved DB wrong when he said “Bernadette sure can do one.” Nope, I couldn’t. I definitely want to change that. After my bands broke, I wanted to keep moving and use my time wisely so I did crunches or flyes.

A friend came by the house for the first time this weekend and we did the Core Synergistics. I was sweatin’ up a storm, our dogs were a little distracting but I was able to finish the hour. We both are the same BMI, though she’s taller and I’m older. I really want one of those cool scales that tell you your body fat, BMI and fitness age. Hmm, registry item?

After a week, I definitely feel tighter and stronger. I like how my clothes feel and seeing more definition in the mirror… or it could be the light pleasing me. I also feel I’m doing better when I jog to take Beeves potty. I still need those super tight abs!

Everyone says to do Insanity. If you've done both programs, which do you prefer?

Comments

  1. Hopefully come April I can start. I want to focus on running since my first 5k is in less than a month. Eek! But I can't do it 6days a week, so P90X will be more like P180X for me lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May