73.6

It's the number equivalent to running 5+ half marathons. I have slacked a bit of blogging about my Team in Training efforts. It's been a bit busy for this One Busy Bee, but I have not NOT ran. I am scheduled to run a half marathon benefiting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in January 2019 at Walt Disney World (book your trip with me! Now a Certified Disney Travel Agent.) I have recruited my friend, Nelly, to join me and he's doing great. I am doing alright as well.

The farthest I have ran so far in one attempt is 10 miles. Those runs consist of running from the Argonaut Hotel where I work to Fort Point, a couple of laps around the Marina Green and/or Fort Mason, the Aquatic Park Pier and back to the hotel. I have learned that I hate running in the sun, need a breeze to keep me from overheating and I also want to be a better driver and make sure I look to my right for pedestrians and runners.  I have had many encounters with drivers not being aware of their surroundings in all directions if I run in a city. I have no body armor, Folks. Please don't injure me as I am trying to do good and raise funds for a people with leukemia and lymphoma like my dear, sweet Lolo.

SnapChat: bappletree - Always wanting to be in Hawaii.



Other successes I have had was running with my dear friend and Bride of mine, Nikki. We ran just a little over 2.5 miles this past weekend along the Alameda shoreline. Though a much shorter run than usual, she challenged me at trying to keep a conversation going, at lease for the first 1.5 miles. When I ran my first 8 miles ever with Nelly, I could not keep up a convo. I need music and scenery to distract me.

@bevotheboston

It was too bright to take this pic post run.
San Francisco skyline and Alameda port

Alameda Marina
Another success was being able to shave off a whole minute off my average mile when I ran 4 miles AND not get hit by a car near an on ramp. Nor did I reward myself with a donut from Tommy's Donuts where this particular run ended.
Thanks, RunKeeper

Though I have five months to train and go that extra 5K, I am next going to buy a handheld water bottle as I have been quite dehydrated one run and I seem to cap out on energy by mile 8. I hear there are gummies or 'goo' that you take to keep you going. I was hoping to pick up some samples at this past weekend's San Jose Fit Expo but that will be another post.

Besides actually reaching 13.1 miles, I have only reach 26% of my fundraising goal. If you could please support me in my efforts, I would appreciate it! Please sponsor me in any amount with your tax-deductible donation at http://bit.ly/OrlandoBoundforLolo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May