All A’s for AC Sailing

I think I made a great decision in changing careers! From food and beverage to now the travel and tourism industry, I am thrilled at what I have been able to experience so far as a Certified TravelAgent and Concierge at one of the best hotels at Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco. For one, AC Sailing gets all As in my book. 

What an incredible experience! When I first learned about the day sailing opportunity on a racing boat that was used in the America’s Cup, I thought that was so cool. My concierge company partners with AC Sailing so we had a training on what they offer and were given the opportunity to try it out. Rough part of the job, right? Then Captain John said no one has gotten seasick on the boat. I’ve gotten sick whale watching in Maui and along the Napali coast in Kaua’i. Are you sure, John? Hesitant at first, but I was game and willing to risk it to get on that multi-million dollar boat. I even recruited two friends to go with me!

We started our day dining at Pier 39.  Pier Market has the best clam chowder and really crispy calamari. I also give out 15% off coupons (ask me for one!). Then we checked in at the gate at the designated time. We were directed to the boat that was going to be our home for the next couple of hours. We boarded and had to definitely watch where we were stepping. 



Bags were stored, extra jackets were distributed and everyone took a seat for an intro, instructions and what to expect. The rest of the crew got us out on the water and we were moving. No turning back now!




You have an opportunity to actually work to get the boat with hoisting up the sail, changing direction, steering and taking the sail down. Or you can chill and hold on as the boat tilts. My friends and I were all for getting a workout in. You go all around the bay, depending on where the wind take you, around Alcatraz and underneath the Golden Gate Bridge.









It is truly an amazing feeling being on the bay, the wind in your hair, seeing the gorgeous city from a different perspective and being in great hands with John and the crew. And he was right, I didn’t get sick.

If you want to do this, let me know! I’d love to book you! I’d love to go again and again and again.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May