Mi Sonrisa

"Sonrisa?"

"Si, mi corazon," he says with a smile when he stops using the broom in his hands. His baseball cap is backwards and his white chef coat just a mess. I nicknamed him Sonrisa because he used to get so mad at our staff for a number of things. My way to make things better is to lighten the mood by making people laugh. Because everytime I would see him, he's so mad! Now he chills out when I joke with him when my servers aren't up to his expectation. "Why are you mad again, Sonrisa?"

"Why do you work so much?" He is always willing to help with anything we need. He has three different sets of responsibilities with us now. Well-rounded.

Without hesitation, "I want to retire when I'm 50. I don't want to be old and still have to work, so I'm saving what I can now. My father told me, work a lot and hard and you can retire early. He's over 50 now, back home it's hard to save so he's still working but he still trying."

Sonrisa goes on to tell me that he still has to send money home to his family but he doesn't mind. Familia is everything. Sonrisa is doing his part. I am happy we are able to play a part in fulfilling this goal and to create this opportunity for him. I appreciate and recognize hard work by others. He deserves this recognition. Hopefully this encourages and motivates others. And who wouldn't want to work with this woman?


Why do you work so hard?
What are your goals?
Do you have family members relying on you?

Personally, I made a new goal after a recent stay in Bodega Bay. This is my goal: a house on the beach where I can run in the sand everyday and fall asleep to the waves every night. Plus have enough room for friends and family to visit as often as they'd like.



---------
This is #1 of 30 daily blog posts as recommended by a fellow blogger. Color U Bold says her views have tripled over a month due to posting everyday as step 1.  I am attempting to create more content. Thanks for following this journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May