Work With What You've Got

I made dessert cocktails last night for family, using what my uncle had on hand. This is Smirnoff's Iced Vodka, Bailey's, Kahlua poured over a scoop of Rocky Road ice cream and topped with whipped cream. It was tasty!


Family requested margaritas but we were lacking limes. As a test, I made kalamansi  margarita shots. The fruits smaller than kumquats and has seeds. I had to strain the kalamansi juice into a shaker, added my uncle's Jose Cuervo tequila and Dekuyper Triple Sec. I filled the shot glasses and topped it off with Crush. The family enjoyed it. 




These aren't the greatest of ingredients but when the first thing your uncle asks when he see you is, "Are we mixing?" you have to work with what you've got. Perhaps I'll buy him a nice bottle of fine liquor for the holidays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May