Goodnight, Sweetheart

This song always reminds me of when my sister and I were children and my father driving us home after visiting him on his weekend. I remember looking forward to getting to keep the quarter in change when we'd cross the Carquinez Bridge when it only cost $.75. But I also remember how I would dread having to say goodbye to him when we got home and I would cry every single time. My mom would get so irritated with the same routine every other weekend. My father just responded to me remembering all this, "I sure remember sweetheart and still have the cassettes. Love you too."

It's amazing how the power of music can trigger good and bad memories. The Spaniels' 'Goodnight, Well It's Time To Go' is on The American Graffiti soundtrack and ranks as one of my favorite albums ever. But memories like this reminds me that I never, EVER want to have my children become a product of divorce. With a friend currently in labor, one about to pop, one pregnant and my beautiful niece turning 4-years-old today, I again wonder if it's in the cards for me.

"You must be patient," says one of my best friends. "Everything you want and hope for will come your way in due time. Just keep being you," says my cousin.  A huge step was made indirectly in my favor this week, I hope my dreams materialize.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May