6 Days Straight, Maybe 7

I can't remember the last time I hung out with a friend for six days straight. It was probably with my friend, Anne M., when we went to the Bahamas for Spring Break in 2003.

We met while we both worked at Young & Rubicam San Francisco. But we were on vacation, and on these past six days with Megan Z., we had different things going on.

First off, we met at a Stella & Dot holiday party in San Francisco just last year. Megan is a Stylist as well. Wine was the topic of the evening and we became Facebook friends. Met up at Plum Bar during Oakland's Restaurant Week and have seen each other often ever since. We get each other's "crazy" and laugh so hard at some things that escalate into laughing at other things and possibly some unrelated things. It just goes on and on. I was going to go thru Megan withdrawals when I went to Miami.

This 6-day Megan fix went like this:

Wed. - She wanted to go to this Match Stir event and I was going to be her date. The bartender was the cutest thing there and we had way too much fun in the photo booth. Here is also when I proposed on switching up our trivia Thursday night.

Thurs. - The weather has been so nice that I said we should lay out by the pool at my place instead of going to trivia as we normally do in Alameda. So we did. It was me, Megan, Kelley & Janey popping champagne bottles and eating chocolate covered power berries while listening to the awesome Carolina Beach Music radio station on Pandora. Then Brittany came by while we ate Thai food and came back to my house and played Taboo.

Fri. - It really kicked off Megan's birthday weekend. Megan, Janey, Kelley, Kari & David and I went to Make Westing in Oakland and had a couple of drinks there that night. I'm still on my champagne kick and wished I had her Basil Cucumber Gimlet instead. It was good. When a few guys came to chat with us, one of them wore wayyyy too much cologne. It was my cue to leave so I headed over to my love's house.

Sat. - We were both exhausted and met up at West Oakland Bart in the early afternoon to go to the Cinco de Mayo Festival at Dolores Park. I took a little nap and enjoyed the sun and music.

Sun. - Still exhausted, I was going to try to stay home and her father was having a function at her house so I invited her to come hang at my house for Cinco de Mayo though I needed to do bills and clean up a bit. Instead, I made us shrimp and shroom quesadillas, a mango salsa and bacon wrapped jalepenos while listening and dancing to Latin music on the Selena station on Pandora. We alter watched Drop Dead Fred and Dirty Dancing.

Then today, Megan's actual birthday, she had dinner in the city with her mom and sister after a hair show she was in. I was having dinner and drinks with my clerk-turned-lawyer because I needed a friggin drink. Stress levels were thru the roof! Then we went to her house and played Scattegories with the group. The best answer came from her Kelley: Name something that gets you from here to there. The winning answer of the night: Giraffe!

I had to leave early to take care of Bevo. But to keep the streak going, I asked her to come have lunch with me tomorrow. Let's see if we can make it for SEVEN days! It is very clear that we get along and don't get sick of each other. It's pretty awesome to have found such a great friend.















And we did end up spending 7 days straight together. Yesterday, Tuesday, we met up at Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe near my work but both decided that we weren't hungry so we ran some errands and she helped me walk the dogs I walk. Today we took a break but going to San Francisco's Nightlife at the Cal Academy of Sciences for the first time tomorrow. Should be fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Gonna Be May

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet