Free Cuddles

You've seen the videos of people holding up signs for FREE HUGS and people receiving them very well. After a hike up Steiner from Lombard Street to see the Mrs. Doubtfire house, we ended up on Fillmore Street to explore that neighborhood. What did we find?

After some catching our breath, we had our breath taken away as we gasped at a sign saying there were free cuddle sessions at the SPCA SanFrancisco. As animal lovers, my roommate, Kim, and I went in!

Above the veterinary hospital is the area that has animals available for adoption. There were quite a few cats available in their mini office-like areas with glass doors. I didn't see too many dogs but the pups were offering the free cuddles on Saturdays. Free cuddles by cats are on Sundays.

We stepped up to the desk and signed up to redeem our cuddle session. We were asked to wash our hands at the sinks behind us, a good step to keep the animals healthy for potential adoptions. Through another glass door and in the two gated areas were adorable puppies! In one pen were fluff balls of different colors. We gained access to a pen with 3-month terriers after blue paper booties were added to our shoes. 

Ohmigoodness!

Freddie cuddles!
Kauai Island Brewing Co. shirt

Bonney
Yelp check-in
The tan and bigger one was named Freddie and the little black and brown brindle pup was named Bonny. Freddie was a little barker and loved played with Bonny. Bonny was a bit more chill.  Toys were used as a distraction to save Bonny some irritation from the puppy nips on her ear. Eventually Freddie cuddled up to me. It was soo sweet and so tempting. I just love dogs but I have a pup at home that is enough for me! Hopefully you or someone else can give these cuties a good home. Though I bought my Boston Terrier with my ex because he wanted a pure bred puppy, I would encourage adopting! There are so many dogs out there that need love and breeders shouldn't make a profit on lives.

Besides Freddie and Bonny, we currently have Bean, a Miniature Pincher with one eye. She needs a home as well. Unfortunately, I cannot take care of two dogs right now and Kim is headed off to Europe. We both work and though my work time is sort of flexible, I have a business to grow. But I do hope these pups find a good home that can devote the time and love they deserve. 



I am still a Dog Walker with Wag (use my code: Bernadette9307). It has helped me get exercise and supplement some income. But Wag also partners with Rescue Bank with donations in feeding rescue dogs with every completed Wag walk. I have 65 ratings and averaging 5 stars but know I've done more than 65 walks in the East Bay and San Francisco. When I was in San Diego, my phone was receiving notices of walk requests nearby too. I look forward to walking more pups on my travels. Wag offers walks, dog sitting and boarding. It's the least I can do to help these pups. This One Busy Bee is all about killing two birds with one stone.

Sir Bruno
Balou
Misty
I would never take back my choice of having Bevo part of my life but the next dog I get, if that happens, will be adopted.  Adopt! Don't buy.

@bevotheboston on IG



Contact these non-profits
1.       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May