Admana

I am all for women-owned businesses, strong women, women in the military, in politics and in film. When selecting what to watch on Amazon Prime or shows I record on my DVR I normally tend to select strong, female lead movies and shows. I am a fan of Game of Thrones, Good Girls Revolt, Queen of the South  and characters such as Joan from Mad Men and actresses such as Charlize Theron in the recent Atomic Blonde. I am currently on Covert Affairs with Piper Perabo from Coyote Ugly as a CIA Agent. Now, I am pleased to say a friend of mine, Megan Zerga, has just released a short film she co-wrote and starred in called Admana. I was honored to be part of the only San Francisco screening last week at the Independent Film Center at 145 Ninth Street.



Admana is a 13-minute short film by two female filmmakers, Genesis Diaz and Megan Zerga. Admana is a product of the recent election, which brought an overwhelming amount of emotion to both women. They felt a need to express their sadness and fear with this instantaneously captivating story. Prepare to want more!

The film was done really well, the entire process took seven months and with zero funds. Majority of the film was made possible because of women who have donated their time, skills and talent.

Congratulations, Megan! As long as I have known her, she's been working on this dream of hers. I am happy to have seen one of her finished products. Please support her, Admana and her upcoming project, The Island.



Also see some of our fun times:
Six Days Straight Maybe Seven
Dashboard the Series -  Starring Megan Zerga
It's Good to Be Yelp Elite
My First Opera

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Gonna Be May

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet