#250KChallenge - Week 3

The week seems like such a blur. Weigh in Monday made no sense. The numbers don't add up. As much as I love lifting over cardio and you burn more calories throughout the day with more muscle mass, I told myself I need to do more cardio. I do need to track what I'm eating and drink more water but I haven't done either. That's a goal for Week 4.

As of Saturday, this challenge has also become a Las Vegas girls' trip prep for March. It'll be 8 ladies and it is much needed. I have been itching to travel. Although I have been to Vegas numerous times, this will do. Plus, it's Tara's first time! She's been going thru some things. She needs this.

But I need to drop some weight and meet some goals! I can definitely see some changes and over time they'll get better but my impatient self is looking for more yesterday.

Monday - From my 20 minutes post, work has been pretty busy that I haven't been able to step away for 20 minutes a day and read my book, Whisk(e)y Distilled. As I was unhappy with weigh in earlier that morning, I took my book and planted myself on the bike for 50 mins. Woohhh was my booty sweaty.

Tuesday - Back day! I have been obsessed with my back. I have seen pictures and I do not like what I see. I do lat pull downs, tons of rows, flys and did 100 close grip pull downs that Dylan has gotten me to do in the past. It felt good and I can see some changes. I just need to stick with it. 

The girls and I still do pic exchanges via text or Snapchat (@bappletree). Here is where my back is now with my Isopure shake. I chose to do the black and white filter so I can see where the shadows are. A lot to work on but it's been awhile since I've done a pic like this. My body is oddly shaped with one side more curved than the other. I want to even that out. Need to burn some fat! Thank you to Tatiana, the one of many fitness challenges partner of mine, for saying my back looks 'fierce.' It will be!!!


My shake is made up of Isopure creamy vanilla zero carb protein powder, Organics frozen raspberries and milk. It's my treat afterwards.

Tuesday, I went downtown for a meeting and had my first glance of some Super Bowl 50 building size ads. I got some steps in for the current work week challenges between FitBit users and got excited for events leading up to the Big Game on February 7th with the Panthers and Broncos. I love this city.


Tuesday night was followed by delicious wine to be tasted at DW, Macallen scotch whisky tasting and food at The Cooking School in San Francisco for the Golden Gate Restaurant Association 2016 kickoff cocktail reception. I brought my good friend, Stan, and he's a party animal with endless energy. After some whisky, I was all for his idea of bar hopping on Polk Street. But after the GGRA event, we went to Whitechapel nearby. What a great spot! I, who am trying not to drink, had one cocktail here over business talk. At the end, I was yawning and I had to say no repeatedly to his pleads to go to the Tahitian room at The Fairmont like we did a year ago or so. I was exhausted. Sorry, Stan! 




Wednesday - I got to the gym in the morning but had to take a phone call about financials. Grrrrr. When you have a lot riding on your business, you get your ass on the bike, figure things out, check your email and market and promote all the events DW has coming up. I want to throw in some weights in there but didnt have the time to work it in. But I did get my daily squats in.

I didn't have an events that evening except for the Belching Beaver tap takeover event so I wore yellow like their logo, and jeans. Sunshine had the same idea and we were twinsies for the day. It was a rough day and I had to have a taste of beer while Sunshine had some Bourbon and that delicious peanut brittle that was made with Glenmorangie Milsean right here in Oakland. We're so silly.



Then Charles and other boys from iFly surprised me and stopped by. I tried some of our new wines and had a sip of Charles' beer, Me So Honey. They thought all of my staff was beautiful, but not a bad lookin' group of men to hang out with for a little bit that night. Good people.


Thursday - CCC - Cardio, Chest & Core.
I jumped on that motor cross machine thingy. It's like the elliptical but without use of the arms. I did chest presses, flyers and abs. 

Don't you hate it when people sit on a machine playing around with their phone? Move!!!


Then abs at home in my CaliMuscle shirt. 

Friday - Another 15 hour day. I was doing fine until a finance company that I hate with the passion made Sunshine and I spend a total of 7 hours correcting their mistake. I was beyond irritated so I indulged in a Cleophus Quealy Blackberry beer and our Lemon Tart that I was happy that Sunshine didn't enjoy. More for me! 



I didn't leave there until 1 am and had plans to go to boot camp with Femme Fitcamp and Christina at 8 am the next morning. But Tara kept bringing me stuff to taste. We had a white wine that was light but had a mineral/stone fruit taste and it is priced at $50 per glass. Then she brought in some sparkling that she got for free. I also had a glass of that. See my Wine Log soon!

Saturday - I did make it to Femme Fitcamp's class at 8 am. Courtney and Ji-Young made it! Yay! I was up at 6 am and ready to go. It was a mostly cardio day but I ended up hurting my right shoulder. We were raising a 12-lb medicine ball over our head and slamming it on the ground. My shoulder didn't like the way I did one move and it was painful but I finished the cycle. It's now uncomfortable to use my stickshift. I'm sure it'll pass. But here's our group pic. I apologize for that ugly face! But hello sweaty ladies! 


We rewarded ourselves with breakfast at Ole's on Park Street in Alameda. Courtney and I were excited when our fruit bowl was pretty large! Yum!!


Sunday - 10 am meet up time to climb Montara Mountain in Pacifica, CA. (See my hiking blog posts.) My roommate made me a MuscleMilk shake and I had my Shredz BCAAs. Double fisting. Oh yeah.


Joining me was Courntey, Tara and John. It was an 8-Mille hike and took up about 3.5 hours. It felt great. I haven't hiked with any of them and it was a good time.

Love this pano trick that John told us about. For some reason Courtney is missing from the first portion.


At the summit, unfortunately, you don't get to stand on the top like you do at Mission Peak in Fremont, CA. So this is when I cracked open my Bounce protein bar but shaped in a circle. I found it at The Market and the rep was a cutie offering free samples to taste. Sold. Having attractive people marketing your products definitely help. 😉



And we're done. That's a good lookin' group after an 8-mile hike, right?



Then we went to The Devil's Slide and had some beer....onion rings and a burger. We worked for it though.

At almost 19,000 steps, Courtney and in adventures off to explore Super Bowl City near the Ferry Building. It was cold and windy and honestly, not that exciting. 




So we explored who were offering an SF Restaurant Week dinner menu. We wanted to get out of the cold. And ended up at Chaya, not ordering the special menu but a $150 bottle of wine from Domaine Serene in the Willamette Valley. It was 50% off. We'll take it. So half cheat day continued with these ladies. It was worth it.



And so another week closes and weigh in might suck tomorrow. I'm exhausted so I might just have a rest day. We'll see if that actually happens.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May