Landed in New York

There is no doubt the city will bounce back after Super Storm Sandy. Ron and I just landed in New York, JFK airport for a 2.5 hour layover on our way to Venice.

Last night, Spencer stopped by the house to say Bon voyage. Roomie met him and of course was well-liked. Man of the Earth, as I call him for his many experiences traveling all over the world, is great. We spoke of my itinerary, a few memories of his travels and had many laughs as usual. He recommended a travel guide by Lonely Planet but we weren't able to stop by a Barnes & Noble before heading to Kingfish for dinner and drinks.

Bevo sat on my lap while Spencer's visit before he became interested with his bone. I knew I was going to miss him so much. He sleeps with me every night and wakes me up with kisses. I said my goodbyes to my Puppy Love. This was the longest time I was going to be away from him in 4 years. He usually travels with us often. But I know he's in good hands with Roomie.

Roomie drove me out to Kingfish and we had dinner and drinks. I had the Skirt Steak as usual. It is always cooked to perfection and my mouth just watered typing that. Roomie had cheese plate and grilled prawns. Very good. Ron convinced her to stay for an additional drink and made her an approved Old Fashioned an entertained her with his bar tricks and bewildering energy. Fuji and his friend Nico came too. I haven't seen him since the wedding over 6 months ago. It was goo to see him. And my former tenant, Tanya, stopped by with a friend. Good conversations, good consumptions and wonderful company. It was a warm Bon voyage.

Ron and his roommate, Greg, continued to drink back at the house. I was exhausted and turned in but the house was filled with music and Greg cooking of Spam and rice. A Caucasian, motorcycle-riding man just loves Filipino food. Right on.

Sweet Jenny picked us up at 5:45 am in her stylish Mercedes. Who needs a town car?!?! After a night of drinking herself, it amazed me at how chipper she was but it was definitely welcomed. I learn and experience new things all the time about my friends.

After a walk from the wrong terminal, we found the Delta counter and Christy arrived. She gave us the VIP treatment at going thru the security check point and it was well worth it. It's always good to see her and see her do well in her job. She left us at Perry's Restaurant (gotta love my Perry friends) and had mimosa, Irish Coffees for Ron and a two-egg breakfast. We look at the clock and have 20 minutes til the plane leaves. Oops! Scarfed down the rest of my breakfast and my mimosa, and we made it to the plane successfully.

On the plane I watched some episodes of Season 4 of Sons of Anarchy, slept, played Scrabble with Ron and read some of The Hunger Games. There's a flight map on the screen in front of you so you know exactly where you are, how much longer on the flight, etc. I also knew when we flew over Brentwood but didn't find my house, but was able to pinpoint my sister's house from the air. Pretty cool. And I could see the water of Lake Erie below us, and the gorgeous skyline of New York City as we descended. There was a it of turbulence but I breathed deeply thru it.

Walking to our next gate, I found it really cool that the terminals had circular areas just as seen in Pan Am, the tv show. I have never stopped at JFK. And now we're here at Runway Bar for more drinks and food. Ron's excited for the Duty Free store we passed by to get cigarettes and possibly cologne.

Until Venice...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May