Hail Caesar!

I have always been a big fan of Caesar salads and have always wanted to make my own dressing at home. According my Yelp (http://bappletree.yelp.com) list with the same title as this post, I’ve compiled my favorite places to get a Caesar salad. I’ve cut back on ordering them at restaurants because of all the fat in the dressing. I found a recipe online at the Food Network but made some tweaks. Here you go!

Ingredients:
3 cloves of garlic, mashed and minced
1 tablespoon of Safeway horseradish spicy mustard
1 tablespoon of apple vinegar
2 tablespoons of Smart Balance mayonnaise
3 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Lemon juice of half a lemon
Grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Combine garlic, mustard, vinegar and two pinches of salt in a bowl and beat with a fork thoroughly. Add mayo, oil, pepper then lemon juice. Half of this mixture is good for a large head of romaine lettuce. Topped with Parmesan cheese. Croutons as well if you like.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May