2-0-1-7

It's that time again to declare my goals and think about conquering 2017. 2016 had quite a few accomplishments but that's no reason to stop reaching for the stars! I'll start with reusing most of last year's goals but add onto it.

1) Travel internationally
Since 2012, I have been able to make it out of the country at least once a year. My good friend, Nikki, has inspired me to do so and now I'm addicted. I am considering visiting my Sunshine aka Christina in Colombia, or Southern Italy or France.

Venice, Italy - October 2016
2) Hike once a month
I didn't complete this in 2016. I hiked four times and need to get back out there. I love exploring my own backyard, breathing fresh air, getting out of the house and getting fit outdoors.

Nikki & I - Tilden Park, Berkeley, California - December 2016
UPDATE
January - Mt. Diablo

3) Continue with the fitness challenges
I completed quite a few fitness challenges in 2016 and plan to continue them as they help me stay focused. I am not where I want to be physically but do want to improve my flexibility and do more yoga. I have a hard time in yoga because my mind is always go-go-go and I really need to calm down and relax. I think yoga will help.

Part of Bodybuilding.com's #30DaysofFit challenge & I could fit into my XS clothes! - December 2016
UPDATE
#250KChallenge - Week 1 & 2, Week 3


4) Find a balance and adjust as necessary
Dating does blow and accidentally told my father on his birthday weekend that I am most likely not having children. As I experienced a nasty divorce as a child and have been through my own, I have no desire to bring a child into this world just to experience the same thing. I also am not sure if I ever want to get married again. BUT if the right man comes along, I am open to both. BUT I am not getting any younger. He'd have to be jaw-dropping amazing and make me so in love I can't see straight. And he can start with this...

Besides dating, I do work a lot. But I make time for what makes time for me. Like #5.

UPDATE
Guess MBT and I have been exclusive since we met. It's official as of January.

5) Family
As I write this, Lola is in ICU at John Muir in Walnut Creek after a terrible car accident. My sister is moving her family across country to North Carolina. And I haven't seen Emma all year. Things are changing and some things don't change at all. 

I promised Lola that I would take her to church at least once a month. I will be seeing my nephew in North Carolina at least once a year. And I need to see my beautiful niece.
Snapchat 'bappletree' fun with Arya & Nate - December 2016
6) Specialty
I know a few things about a lot of things. I finished the Whisk(e)y Distilled book and believe Christina V. and I will eventually take our spontaneous trip to either Nashville or Kentucky for more whiskey. I have been wanting to start a whiskey log but I am so behind. Perhaps I can in the future.

I am lacking in the BOH knowledge. I don't cook at all anymore with owning a restaurant. However, I did bake Christmas Eve goodies and enjoyed it. Probably because my family ate it and enjoyed it. Oh, those words of affirmation... I will try to cook more. I was supposed to do a couples cooking class with some guy that also wanted more BOH experience. Hmmm. Let's see if that happens.
Oban 14 Scotch Whisky with a Banana Split Pie I made thx to Pinterest - Christmas Day 2016
7) Money
I have continued reading my Charles Schwab investing publications, being motivated by Entrepreneur magazine articles and am wanting to know how to make my money work for me. My father is so incredibly smart about making his money work for him so he could retire early. That sounds like an amazing idea, right? I want to learn what he knows and how to do it. Further reading and research will continue.

I saw a meme saying that millionaires have seven streams of income. I do so I hope I am on my way. This also goes hand-in-hand with a goal I have by 40: own property in Maui. I am so happy there. That's all the reason I need. It makes me happy.
Maui - August 2016

8) Blog Improvement
It has been really fun seeing my stats increase on this blog. My dream would be to travel the world, eat and drink and be able to write about it for a living. Number 3 and 6 will help with that. Seven will definitely help too so it's not actually work.

I would like to have my first advertiser fairly soon but that means having to increase my stats across the board.

Blog stats - December 2016
9) DW Sales
This year's sales were disappointing. Events accounted for 26% of sales and I am well below my annual total goal set by KC. Reaching those numbers will hurt Number 4 but help me with Number 1 and 7.  What to do? What to do?
Dining room at DW


10) Entrepreneur Possibility
A friend would like to work with me on his new business adventure, a food concession trailer. I will have a lot to learn in regards to the operations of a mobile business and increase my network to Sacramento.




There are three more items to work on than last year. Stay tuned for updates.

What are your goals for 2017?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May