A "121 First Dates" Filming at DW

A local resident and author came into DW last week and was in search of a spot to shoot a video for her book, "121 First Dates." It will be Wendy Newman's first published book scheduled to be released in January 2016 and followed by a national book tour. What better place to shoot than a great, new dinner date spot in the Twitter building? After all, Forbes Travel Guide listed us as 1 of "5 New San Francisco Restaurants That Should Be on Your Radar."  I immediately said I'd love to have her film in our beautiful restaurant.

I am absolutely no actress but asked if she needed extras. It has been many years since being in a few music videos and local, small productions so I thought it'd be fun. I'm not really shy in front of the camera so why not? John, our Brewer and bartender, was nearby wearing a tie. How appropriate. I asked John if he wanted to go on a "date" with me. Putting him on the spot, he said, 'Sure." And so I had a fake date planned with John on a sunny Monday afternoon.

The plan was to get footage of one couple being on a good date, while the other couple went on a bad date. We've all been there, right? I had just the man for the bad date. Our Matthew. I won't go into further detail as I will wait to see what the video ends up showcasing, but we all had a good time. I'd have to say my 'date' was a success. I found 'The One!' Matthew's? Eh. But it was so hilarious.

Stay tuned for the video and more on Wendy Newman. To schedule your next first date at Dirty Water, please call us at 415-792-5101, get points on OpenTable or email me directly. John and I shared the Mascapone Semifreddo dessert. I highly recommend it.

Lounge area of Dirty Water. This pic has received the most likes on our Instagram account (@dirtywatersf)
Shot in the lobby of NEMA




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May