Mean


I definitely could be if I turned to the dark side but as I look around my room for my misplaced halo, I know I'm not... all the time. I have a reputation for being somewhat of a hard ass and was called mean after a heated phone call while at the office. I work for a law firm. I write about this because I am who I am and this person doesn't know me very well. I would like to think of myself as someone who gets things done. I've been running a law office with all male lawyers for almost six years, do the work of six separate of employees, plan and coordinate weddings that was ranked as #6 on the most stressful jobs list, and have four other job titles or side gigs on top of that. Another time, another female told me she didn't think I was going to last in my position. Go ahead and doubt me. I have overcome and surpassed so many's expectations. Being called mean just adds fuel to the fire and clearly I'm doing something right.

I am stern and straight to the point. Time is precious. I pick up the slack when people fall behind and personally, I would rather do things myself than have to undo and redo work done by someone else.  I don't hand hold if I can see people are being lazy, don't work for what they deserve, don't learn from their experiences, don't try or don't help themselves. 

"Ain't nobody got time for that."

Mean? Sure, I can be. Or it could be me being honest. Deal with it because if it's coming your way, you might as well brace for it.



Can I be loving and compassionate? Absolutely. Read other posts about what kind of heart I have. Anyone that knows me knows I am a horrible liar and I wear my heart on my sleeve. I can be overly sensitive, can cry on cue by just thinking about the most painful part of my life but can love so deeply. My greatest weakness is that I care too much. Perhaps that is why I need to balance it all out, why I can be at two opposite ends of the spectrum to certain people. I care too much about certain things, and don't give a hoot about others...like people's opinions of me. I know who I am, where I have been and what I have been thru. I can be mean. But I already am so much more than that. Bottom line, nobody's perfect. Be true to yourself.

What is the least attractive quality a person can have?
What is the most attractive quality person can have?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May