Two Wolves - Author Unknown

A very dear, smart and young lady that I have had the pleasure of seeing almost on a daily basis for 4 years, continues to touch my life by helping me on my journey to forgiveness and thru a very hard time in my life. She has sent me quotes and her own blog postings that have helped her. I am thankful for her.

Loved this one:
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.


He said, "My son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all. One is evil; it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego. The other is good; it is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith." The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"


The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed." 


I have felt tremendous anger in response to the cruelty that has blindsided me. I felt it in receiving the news, in the act of its confirmation or lack of full disclosure and truth, in the lack of remorse, and disappointment in allowing myself to be a victim.  But thru my readings, I have found that being mad gets me no where. I have taken something too personally and I have no control over what  someone else does or why. Holding onto my anger, hurt and pain and refusing to forgive just takes away moments of being happy. Being happy is a choice. I have a choice to feed being angry and resentful, or being happy.

I want to feed the good wolf and be happy.  And I am on my way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May