12 Drinks of Xmas = 16 Hours

I received a referral from a repeat client and great couple regarding a friend of theirs wanting to throw a holiday party the following weekend. In a week’s time and 10 hours of prep time in two days, a successful ’12 Drinks of Xmas’ holiday party came about in a one bedroom, Marina District apartment in San Francisco, with a very small kitchen space for me to prepare,store and heat items.



I would estimate about 60 people were in attendance. There were 12 different stations for different drinks, paired up with hot or cold food such as Samosas, Popcorn Chicken, Shrimp Salad, Chips and Salsa, Fruit Salad, Cream Puffs and my favorite, vanilla Belgium waffles pieces drizzled with chocolate and sprinkled with powdered sugar.

The hallway was decked out in red, the bedroom in silver and blue with Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer playing silently on the small television, the dining room had wine with a cheese, meat and cracker platter. The living room ceiling was wrapped like a present and a photo op station with silly Christmas hats and a photo printer to print and post the photo on a wall.

People were having a great time and they really liked the host’s idea of the ’12 Drinks of Xmas’ idea. I can honestly say that wasn’t my idea. I worked 11.5 hours the day of the party, constantly on my feet. I failed to bring my Shoes for Crews non-slip shoes but the Skechers sufficed. I received quite a bit of thank yous and “You’re doing a great job” remarks. Those are nice to hear when you’re constantly moving. I wish I could have stood around for more than 20 seconds to receive more praise. ;)

I received a nice text from the host the day after:
”Thanks so much for last night. Really appreciate it all.”


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Bad Girls Club & Love Games, Sarah Michaels, IS the Wellness Shot!

My Most Engaging Post Yet

It's Gonna Be May